In years gone by (when Microsoft wasn’t embracing the world of iOS), one of the only options for viewing PowerPoint presentations on iPad was SlideShark. Luckily, the peeps in Seattle have been big enough to set aside their differences, creating the new PowerPoint app for mobile devices.
Here’s how to do it:
- In order to maximise PowerPoint on your iPad you need to use the cloud based Office 365.
- Download the PowerPoint app.
- Open your PowerPoint file directly from Sharepoint, Onedrive or email.
- Edit directly into the PowerPoint file.
At this point you’ll be working on the cloud version of your presentation _?_ which is fine if you’re collaborating and sharing with colleagues.
- Presenting from your iPad
The safest step is to download the presentation directly onto your device, ensuring smooth delivery without internet: click on the icon in the top left hand corner and select _??duplicate_??.
- Rename your file and select the new location (iPad).
- Your presentation is now saved on your device _?_ enter full screen mode when you deliver the presentation.
But remember: iPads are designed with a screen ratio of 4:3. If you’re presenting directly from your device with a wide-screen slide setting you’ll experience a letterbox effect:
- Change the screen format from _??widescreen_?? to 4:3.
- One final twist_?_ If you plan on using one of these connectors to deliver on a widescreen projector or TV Screen, best keep the slide settings on widescreen _?_ the same as your final output.
If the output of your deliveries is mixed, it might be best to create two versions _?_ one in 16:9, the other 4:3.
One of the coolest features is the ability to use your iPhone or Apple Watch to click through to the next slide. Yet another reason to get an Apple Watch!
iOS alternatives: Microsoft Office have built compatible apps for all mobile devices; android, windows and iOS platforms.
Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.powerpoint
Presentation Studio’s innovative approach to Visual ThinkingTM, transforms lacklustre presentations into engaging, powerful and successful communication tools.